Here’s one of the reasons I love WIAW: it’s such a simple way to look at both the good and bad in my diet. I’m finding that I always end up eating just a little bit better after I post my meals, and not because I’m comparing myself to other bloggers. I’m not saying the improvements I make always stick, but they’re a step in the right direction.
Looking at my day of eating, I know I need to up my fruit and veggie intake, and I realize I used to eat a lot more protein before I got pregnant. That was mostly because I was lifting heavy – which I don’t plan to start again until I’ve lost some more fat – but I liked that higher-protein diet because it was so filling.
Then there’s the obvious: that chocolate cream pie isn’t doing me any favors But I’ve finally come to the realization that I enjoy sweets way to much to pretend that I’ll ever be able to cut dessert out of my life; it doesn’t always need to be a big slice of pie, but it’s a rare occasion for me to not eat something sweet at night. Better to be realistic and just work dessert into my overall calorie intake – what can I say…chocolate makes me happy!
- Breakfast: Two pieces of whole-wheat toast and a clementine
- Lunch: Salad with spinach, romaine, carrots, bell peppers, feta and Italian dressing
- Snack: Triscuit crackers, apple and string cheese
- Dinner: Enchiladas verdes (a last-minute meal and they were awesome!) – no, I didn’t eat the whole pan!
- Dessert: homemade chocolate cream pie